Pages

Friday, July 19, 2013

Feeling at Home and Heartbroken


I am going to keep this blog short and sweet- (Just like me- okay the sweet is sometimes off :) )hope you are all okay with that.  Yes, at home and heartbroken are two ways to describe some of my feelings this week. 

Feeling at Home:
This week I was able to participate and teach more at Enjabawani Bridging School in the 1st grade classroom.  It was wonderful and again I fell in love with it.  Sitting in that classroom I felt right at home.  I knew I had a heart for teaching, and for possibly teaching overseas, and this week, it grew even more.  I can’t wait to call a place like that home someday.  

Feeling Heartbroken:
This week we led Bible Study with the girls in the home and told the story about the woman at the well with Jesus and how when she knew He was Christ, she left her water and went and told everyone.  We asked the girls- what do you want to leave at the well to run to Jesus, and who will you share Jesus with.  Tenele responded, “Tinny”…..So let me explain a little the story of Tinny and why “Feeling heartbroken” is what I felt this week.  Tenele is the beautiful young lady that stole Mary-Kate’s heart for this place, for girls in prostitution or at risk for it and for the people of Swaziland. When Tenele ran into the streets, Tinny helped Mary-Kate find her, when Tenele had her baby- Tinny took care of her.  Tinny has also been hurt, and bought by men here, and dropped out of school too.  Dropped out of Grade 5. 
Tenele instantly when we sat down told Tinny the story about the woman at the well.  She told Tinny how she herself had changed her life (Tenele).  How she is no longer in prostitution, doesn’t smoke, is learning again and wants to go back to school- how she is safe, and mostly how she has hope.  When hearing Tenele translate what Tinny said, my heart broke.  She wants to be in a safe place and go back to school and learn.  A simple request for us in the states- but here not something as easy.  There is something about Tinny that makes my heart hurt… and leaving in a week I have to have confidence that Our God will reign over her life and truly be the one to set her free. 

We depart in a little over a week, and part of me does not want to leave.  My heart it here- but also at home.
Prayers this week:
-Tenele and Tinny
-Unity
-Peace about coming home.

No comments:

Post a Comment