Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

They are going to let me [student] Teach... What this next year looks like. #psuaged17

Well... things are starting to get real.  They are actually going to let me student-teach and take the next step to becoming an Agricultural Educator.  Because I have used this blog for travels, personal reflections and words of wisdom, I wanted to start with an introduction of what it will look like over the course of the next year.  Essentially it will be all about: Teaching.  So welcome to a look into the life of "Ms. Hack". It sounds weird to me too, but I will try to keep these blogs short and sweet (just like me) and interesting, here is an outline of what they may look like.


1. Book Club: I am currently reading the book "See Me After Class: Advice for Teachers by
Teachers." by Roxanna Elden. Myself and my cooperating teachers Mr. Doug Masser and Ms. Jasmine VanSant and I will discuss and reflect on this, then I will be posting a reflective blog a few times throughout this experience. Please comment below when I do, I would LOVE your input and ideas.


2
. All about Pequea: Yep, Pequea Valley High School is where I will be student teaching.  This high school is located in the small town of Kinzers, PA, an unincorporated town in Lancaster County, PA.   Surrounded by "Bird in Hand", "Gap" and "Intercourse"...these are real town names, look for yourself.  

3. Reflections on theories, methods, classroom management and content.  As many say in Ag Ed, "Action without reflection is simply a waste of time."

4. Pictures, of course.  If I didn't take pictures, did it really happen?

5. Assignments- this blog will include updates and posts for assignments that will prepare me for student teaching throughout the fall semester and then more as I am in the classroom in the Spring.


If you would like to stay informed please do.  Ask questions, challenge me- there is no growth in a comfort zone and no comfort in a growth zone.  Yours in growing into this teacher skin, Ms. Hack. 


No comments:

Post a Comment