Pages

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Eyes That Melt My Heart




Well it has been a week, and it might sound crazy, but it has felt like a month.  We have grown together in unity as a team and with the relationship building and culture adjustment in Swaziland.  

“That is That you and I may be Mutually encouraged by each others faith…” Romans 1:12.
I came to Swazi knowing that we would build relationships with the people of Swazi and share Christ’s love, but I completely forgot about the fact that I would grow increasingly close to the 10 other people I am here with.  Our team has taken this last week to share our testimonies with each other, ups and downs with family, friends and our walk with Christ.   These people encourage me to dive deeper and fall more in love with Christ.  They have truly set an example for me!  Having them to talk and pray with is a blessing, especially in this place when we are experiencing new tasks daily, some which are harder then others. 

Where my strength ends, HIS truly begins.
This week we dove into various ministries.  Mongonenni Care Point, Enjabewani Bridging School, Hope House, Tenele’s Treasures, and ministering to the girls in the home.  The Care point is where I see the “eyes that melt my heart”.  He has truly started to break my heart for what breaks his.  The Swazi culture is very open with touch and hugging and shaking hands and loving on people, which I love, but there is one thing… in Mongonenni, the care point which is the poorest part of Manzini, the children have a lack of that, they simply want to be loved and be held.  If that is all I do while I am here, I am okay with that- because HE is love and we are to share that love.  Petela a little 3 year old boy I held for hours who soon fell asleep and Culeale who was about 2 absolutely melted my heart. 
Hope House is the other ministry I wanted to touch on.  Hope House is a Hospice Care Centre- “A place of peace for all people living with a terminal illness including HIV and AIDS.”  Many of the people are older people, and very sick and week, usually a family member is their care giver and stays there with them.  For me, this is something that makes me nervous, uncomfortable and shy… something I am not very often… the cool thing about it all is that where my strength ends is where HIS begins.  At Hope House the Holy Spirit has continued to guide me and provide words in my mouth and a song of praise from my heart.  It has brought a whole new meaning to service- when a wife spends her days for 9 months serving and caring for her husband, who can barely move or speak, who may be taken from this earth any day.  I pray that I some day am a wife who can take that example of serving my husband in such a Godly way.  It reminded me of how my dad cared for my mom while she went through her cancer- we are to care- in sickness and in health for all of our neighbors.

El Rio, El Elyon, Elohim, El Shaddai, Adonai, Jehovah. 
The names of the Lord- what we are studying and dwelling on in our Devotions.  As we dwell on them God is showing me more and more of Him and the desires He has for me.  This past week alone He has truly filled me with His Joy, showing me He is worthy to be praised, as He is El Shaddai, All Sufficient One.  He has given me a desire to know Him more and understand His word- to dive deeper in Him.  He has shown me that I can commit to Him alone and He is all that I need.  He has shown me that He listens and sees us in our prayers and worship. 
In one of our songs this week the words said “Some how my weakness has overwhelmed you, somehow my weak love has stolen away your heart.”  We serve and amazing God- a Master that is all Sufficent, how can we not submit to Him, His ways and His love.

Email me hackkayla@gmail.com  I would love to hear from you- we check in on Saturdays! 

Prayer Requests:
-Hunger for the Word
-Physical healing over our team- some are feeling kind of sick
-Opportunities to share Christ- in purposeful ways
-The girls- and how we can minister to them
-Unity so the enemy cannot have a foothold

No comments:

Post a Comment